Course organiser:David Chapple
The course on Religion will attempt to answer such questions as:
• Where does religion come from and why do we have it?
• Is it part of the human psyche?
• What do we mean when we speak of religion?
• What is the difference between a religion and a philosophy?
• Is a religion necessary for providing a moral base for a given society?
• Do religious people behave or act differently from those who hold to no particular religious belief?
• To what extent do religious beliefs change as societies develop?
• As science finds answers to questions previously answered by religion what is the future of religion?